Ingredients and Methods
Cooking a perfect steak
- 2 x 250g Scotch fillet cut at 2.5cm
- 50ml canola oil
- Sea salt
- A glass of shiraz
- Prepare your steak by drying them well.
- Cover your steaks with the canola oil and season really well with the salt.
- Preheat your grill or frying pan (it should be hot, but not smoking).
- Add the steaks to the hot pan to create a crust.
- Turn the steak as few times as possible. The more you turn the steak over, the more it will dry out.
- For a perfect medium rare, a steak of this size should have no more than 3-4 minutes cooking on each side.
- Rest the steak in a warm place. This helps it to become consistent, all the way through.
Salsa Verde (green sauce)
- 30g Chives
- 50g Spring onions
- 40g Dill
- 30g Tarragon
- 40g Parsley
- 70g Capers
- 120g Confit tomato
- 7g fresh chilli (seeds removed)
- 7g Pureed garlic
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 20g Lemon juice
- 250ml Blend oil
- 250 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- Finely chop all of your herbs, capers, tomato and chilli.
- Combine in a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly so all flavours are combined well.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Serve with a simple, fresh green salad, a good whole grain mustard and the glass of shiraz.